It was a great weekend for the “Bowling Sabres”. On Thursday evening the boys and girls varsity teams finished off their regular seasons with victories and Conference titles. The girls won their 5th consecutive GNHSBC title, with an overall record of 6 wins, 1 loss and 2-0 within their division. The boys won their 4th Conference title with an overall record of 5 wins, two losses and 3-0 within their division. This is the first time both TC Christian teams earned Conference championships in the same season. The night was punctuated by a historic performance by Ella Wendel. Ella bowled a 276 game and 430 series. The 276 is not only a TC Christian record but the highest game bowled by a girl in the history of the GNHSBC.
Friday was the Conference singles tournament and the Sabres continued to earn honors. On the girls side, Ella Wendel finished 3rd, Hannah Elenbaas 4th and Brooke Smith 5th. For the boys, Luke Rasmussen finished 9th, Jeremy Hansen 7th, and Hunter Haldaman was the boys champion averaging 214 over the six games – including a 278.
Saturday was the Conference team tournament and the Lady Sabres dominated once again. The girls varsity were tournament champions – and the girls junior varsity team took 3rd place (way to go Emily Fricke, Emily Rasmussen, Emily Cherkasova, Naomi Elenbaas and Kaia Beebe).
For the regular season, the boys and girls varsity teams both posted the highest team games and team series. Individual Sabre winners were:
- High Game & High Series – Ella Wendel
- High Average – Brooke Smith
- Most Points Won – Rebekah Burch & Ava Wendel
- Girls All-Conference Team – Rebekah Burch, Ava Wendel & Hannah Elenbaas
- Girls Dream Team – Brooke Smith & Ella Wendel
- High Game, High Series & High Average – Hunter Haldaman
- Most Points Won – Carter Blodgett
- Boys All-Conference Team – Jeremy Hansen
- Boys Dream Team – Hunter Haldaman
The Sabres will get back to work on Monday in preparation for the MHSAA Regional next Friday and Saturday at Lucky Jacks.